Home > A Few > A Few Problems With Old Dell Dimension XPS T500

A Few Problems With Old Dell Dimension XPS T500

can anyone help Sep 2, 2005 #1 Xtra TS Rookie Posts: 29 Have you tried safe mode? I headed off to the Den to get> my Windows XP Pro disk to load it up. Find out who represents you in the Nebraska legislature. Anyway, today I went to a local> > University Auction and picked this computer up. this contact form

a few problems with my PC on gigabyte p35-ds3 Aug 21, 2010 Couple month old custom PC has problems Oct 10, 2011 Add New Comment You need to be a member It requires manufacturers to provide owners and independent repair businesses with fair access to service information and replacement parts. Good luck and be patient. I've replaced this old computer, but want to remove and disable the hard-drive before sending it off to the recycling center. https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/358909/a-few-problems-with-old-dell-dimension-xps-t500/?view=getlastpost

Login now. please help the newbie.. solved Help a newbie cs go player help with upgrade, newbie More resources See also newbie upgrading help needed.. $600 newbie build sli upgradeable Newbie: Help with Upgrade Gateway Motherboard solved So you can fix the stuff you own quickly—and get back on with your life.

The Dimension XPS T500 system with the E770s monitor came new from Dell, set up with a Microsoft provided driver, as per the system Device Manager (which says the monitor set As for destruction of your data, the shredding of a hard drive is universally recognized as the best method of destroying recorded data. Remove the bracket-securing screw, and then remove the drive bracket from the computer. BUT (and it's a big BUT!), if the manufacturer's diagnostic software> > shows> >>even one bad sector, replace the drive.

I come back in a half hour to see how the progress was going and itwas only at 87%. however, if you have at least 256mb of ram and 20gb of harddisk then you may want to install windows xp on this system for a muchbetter overall experience than you The 256 mb> DIMMS for my computer are dificult to find or too expensive, compared to> new memory. you could check here My pc's an emachine T3062, bought 12/04. … Crt Monitor Keeps Cutting Out 6 replies hiya, my brother has a packard bell CRT monitor that is only about 6 months old

I forgot to mention that usually after this happens,when the computer starts up again my avast is either switched off or some of the services are disabled. I needed to download the IBM>tools disk (now hitachi, http://www.hitachigst.com/) and format the drive>from this tool. the … Bad Motherboard or CPU 10 replies When I boot up my Gateway 450sx laptop it will run for approx 3 - 5 minutes then the monitor will, for lack My best guess is that there is something wrong with the Hard Disk thatcame with the computer and maybe something happened when the did aflush for auctioning.

As I've shown in the picture below, it looks like your hard drive will be at the bottom right against the front of the computer. https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/100801/How+to+remove+the+hard-drive+for+disposal Anyway, today I went to a localUniversity Auction and picked this computer up. Tell them that you believe repair should be fair, affordable, and accessible. Back to top #7 Broni Broni The Coolest BC Computer BC Advisor 41,488 posts OFFLINE Gender:Male Location:Daly City, CA Local time:11:55 AM Posted 06 November 2010 - 04:05 PM plugin-container

You may also... Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life. by CharlieSpencer · 8 years ago In reply to w/ Powerleap you can run ... My local TV/computer monitor repair shop, and I suspect others, want $40 just to examine the monitor (credited toward any repairs), but this is already ca. 1/3 the cost of purchasing

None of the monitor adjustments on the front are capable of making the display wider. Right now> what I want to do is increase memory a bit to install Win XP. My WebsiteMy help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click Back to top #6 cryptodan cryptodan Bleepin Madman Members 21,868 posts OFFLINE Gender:Male navigate here malfunction since I can not find anything wrong with either the Windows 98SE software or monitor driver.

If so, do that and save a little money. :) 0 4xmyworld 9 Years Ago yEs, I have the same problem with my unbranded monitor. Help!! Bad monitor, not worth repair.

Does anyone have any suggestions, I'm all> ears.>> ~Thanks> -CompNewbie>> (By the way, the Hard Disk is at least 8 GB from what I remember by> the sticker I removed off

Get the answer AnonymousJul 8, 2004, 7:58 AM Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?).... Disconnect your computer and all attached devices from their electrical outlets, and then press the power button to ground the system board. Take Action Login _ Social Sharing Find TechSpot on... If your computer and attached devices did not automatically turn off when you shut down your computer, turn them off now.

After formatting from there, I could install Windows with noproblems. I lost the documentation my computer came with and I'm not sure>>about the Board specs. Site Changelog Community Forum Software by IP.Board Sign In Use Facebook Use Twitter Need an account? http://addictech.net/a-few/a-few-problems-with-my-annoying-vista.html PIII (in this case) is Slot 1.

What do I do? So I went to get myWindows 98 disk to see if a lower copy version of Windows may help itload faster and be successful. But manufacturers like John Deere and Apple don’t like that idea. We have a chance to guarantee our right to repair electronic equipment—like smartphones, computers, and even farm equipment.

I lost the documentation my computer came with and I'm not sure> >>about the Board specs. alternatively you can get 128mb modules for aslittle as> > $20 after rebate if you catch a sale. I>>was wondering if I could upgrade my PIII 500 processor to say a 800 MHz>>one. In my case, I was not able to makeit go using the Windows Setup format, a Win 98 boot floppy nor PartitionManager (only that silly tool).

however, if you have at least 256mb of ram and 20gb of hard> > disk then you may want to install windows xp on this system for a much> > better Main Sections Technology News Reviews Features Product Finder Downloads Drivers Community TechSpot Forums Today's Posts Ask a Question News & Comments Useful Resources Best of the Best Must Reads Trending Now